Re: gscan2pdf

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 09:55:20 +0200
"Ratcliffe, Jeffrey (Peters)" <Jeffrey Ratcliffe External eads com> wrote:

After a lot of help from this list, and some positive feedback from elsewhere, I have got my little scanning
application ready for the big wide world

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gscan2pdf is a GUI to ease the process of producing PDFs from scanned
documents.

Requires gtk2-perl, libtiff & sane-utils.
I would, of course, be glad of constructive criticism.
Jeff

Hi, It works here on linux with a scsi scanner.
I will mention 1 thing which I think should be changed.

When you press the menu item to "Scan" and the popup appears,
it defaults to "all" for #pages.  Well I had 1 page on there, so to me 'all'
is 1 page..... but it scanned 5 times before I killed it.

I think you would be better off having it default to 1 page to be scanned,
which is typical for most scanners.  I seem to remember you have
a sheet-feed scanner. Well anyways, maybe you could have a checkbox
for sheet-feed scanner.

Otherwise, it works pretty well.

zentara

http://zentara.net/japh.html