Re: Display control with Gtk2 and Glade2

How varied are the right side widgets going to be?  I mean, is it going
to be dynamically generated off the data selected on the left side, so
that you might get a 10 column 2 row table in one case, a 6 column 8 row
table on another, etc.?  That is, is the structure and number of widgets
likely to depend on the individual selection?

If so, I don't know that Glade-2 is going to help you out very much.

On the other hand, if the choices are going to be pretty static--e.g.
you will only have a choice between 3 sets of layouts, which are always
the same every time--you might be able to work it out.  Off the top of
my head, you might be able to put in, say, 3 vboxes with each of the 3
layouts you want into a vbox or hbox on the right side, and then just
hide the ones you don't want to see on specific selections.

Although I think the better solution would be to make specific handler
classes for each layout, and then put in instances of that class for
each particular selection.  But I don't know if you could use glade-2
for that, since I think all glade projects have to have their own window
(?).

Just my thoughts.

-Ken