Hook perl-gtk application into nautilus

Hi,

I wrote a small gtk-perl application that manipulates files and
directories in a special way. Now I want to "hook" this application into
nautilus in such a way that when the user right-clicks a file or a
folder there is an entry in the context menu for this application. When
the user clicks on this entry my program should be called and the
selected file(s)/folder(s) should be passed to my application as parameters.

Is that possible and if yes, how? I don't need an in-depth explanation
but just a hint where I can find relevant information on this subject.

I already found information that tells me that there are 2 ways to
extend nautilus: 1) with scripts, 2) with extensions. My preferred
option would be the second one.

Many thanks in advance
Dieter