Re: Grab a pixmap / screenshot thing

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 10:08:06 +1100
Daniel Kasak <dkasak nusconsulting com au> wrote:

Is it possible to create a pixmap of the current desktop ... or part of
it ... using gtk2-perl?

Run ImageMagick's "import" thru a system call?

<brainstorming>
I know that is not what you meant. Although I have seen some weird
behavior while testing pixmap-based drawingarea apps, where
the desktop background temporarily showed thru the Gtk2 window(partially),
as it was uncovered by another app.
I think it was a Window Manager glitch, because it dissappeared as soon as I
moved the window.
I've yet to see a Gtk2 window which is truly transparent all the way down to
the window underneath it, like a transparent Gnome terminal.

If you could do that, by creating a transparent window, of a certain size at a certain
location, then you could possibly take a snapshot of it's Gtk2::Gdk::Window.
</brainstorming>

However, IM's import runs so well, why look anywhere else? :-)

zentara

http://zentara.net/japh.html