Re: Gtk on Windows problems

Gabor Szabo wrote:

with a couple of people we are trying to install Perl GTK+ on Windows but
we seem to have some trouble.
After installing what seems to be the latest version of GTK+ and Glib
we get

Can't locate object method "signal_connect" via package "Gtk2::Window" at hello_ line 13.

It works on Linux

Any idea what are we doing incorrectly?

Something happened in gtk-land that broke things on Windows ( and the bindings haven't been rebuilt since then ). Unfortunately I can't quite remember which version of gtk is the latest that you can use. The version number 2.6.11 sticks in my mind, but when I look in our software installation directory, I see 2.8.13. But I'm almost certain that 2.6.11 is the latest version of gtk you can use under Windows.

Daniel Kasak
IT Developer
NUS Consulting Group
Level 5, 77 Pacific Highway
North Sydney, NSW, Australia 2060
T: (+61) 2 9922-7676 / F: (+61) 2 9922 7989
email: dkasak nusconsulting com au