Re: TreeViews, IconViews, and images

On Mon, 29 May 2006 17:57:42 +0200
Wouter Verhelst <wouter nixsys be> wrote:

Hi,

I've been looking over the C API docs and the Perl examples, but I can't
seem to figure out how one is supposed to set up a TreeStore (or a
ListStore) so that it would be possible to show an image in a TreeView
or an IconView. Could someone point me towards a simple example?

Also, while I'm at it, I would like to set up a TreeView so that
optionally, the user can choose to not display the 'leaf' items in a
TreeStore; those would be shown in the IconView that is going to be
right next to the TreeView, with the icons in the iconview being
changed when the selection on the TreeView changes. Is that possible
without building two TreeStore objects? If so, how?

Wouter Verhelst

Hi, someone else may have a better example for you, but I think you
may be looking for a custom-cell-renderer. There are some examples
that come with the Perl Gtk+ module.

Attached is a script which I worked up for my own testing. There is
an checkbox which controls whether the icon (pixbuf) appears. Just
use an image instead of an icon to create the pixbuf.
Hope it helps you.... I know it is confusing to everyone except muppet. :-)

zentara

http://zentara.net/japh.html