treeview clearing

Dear All,
I have a very simple question for which you experts can answer me
surely in a second, but I was not able to find the solution even after
few hours googling. So I have a Treeview (and of cours e a treestore)
and I just want to simply clear all the whole treeview.
I tried with $treestore->clear; but nothing happens.
I tried to reconstruct the olda treeview with the cleared treestore:
$tree_viewl = Gtk2::TreeView->new($tree_store);
but nothing happens either. All the time the old data remins in the
treeview and the new just appended to it.

How can this be fixed?

Thanks a lot for the answer!

Társasházi gyakorlati kézikönyv - Hasznos és nélkülözhetetlen segítője
minden társasházban lakónak: http://manager.menedzsmentforum.hu/tarsashaz/