Re: gtk/glext help needed

Szabó Géza wrote:

Dear All,
 I would like to use glext under Perl with the gtk2-glext module.
 Unfortunately I have not found a ppm (if you know one please tell
me),  but I tried to install it from source:

 C:\Download\perl\Gtk2-GLExt-0.90>perl Makefile.pl
 Base class package "Glib::CodeGen" is empty.
     (Perhaps you need to 'use' the module which defines that package
 first.)
  at C:/Perl/site/lib/Gtk2/CodeGen.pm line 7

The Glib perl module is not installed, cannot be found, or is too old.  Since
it *did* find Gtk2::CodeGen, and it knows that Gtk2::CodeGen depends on
Glib::CodeGen, i'd say that your Glib module is too old.

 If I try to install Glib from source:

This shouldn't be necessary -- just get the Glib PPM whose version matches the
Gtk2 one you have installed.

 *** can not find package gobject-2.0 >= 2.0.0
 *** check that it is properly installed and available in
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH
  at Makefile.PL line 87

You need to have the corresponding C libraries and executables, and their
dependencies, installed.

There are PPM binaries of Glib and Gtk2 available at
http://gtk2-perl.sf.net/win32/ppm/ , but these packages include only the perl
extensions --- you must install glib and gtk+ separately.

The same will go for Gtk2::GLExt --- the gtk-glext C library must be installed
and functioning properly or you'll be wasting your time with the perl stuff.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>