Re: high level application frameworkl

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 08:43 +1000, Daniel Kasak wrote:
Gtk isn't implementing any data model in a hurry. It's a widget toolkit,
and knows *very* little about data. Your data model should be provided
solely by *you*. You can build custom widgets to do validation on data
as the user enters it, but again, this is provided by *you*. Gtk is for
building the GUI. Only. What you seem to be more interested in is
managing data.

I see you are getting the idea.

All I am interested in is managing data *using* the GTK toolkit. I don't
want to "build" a GUI, as such, for an application at all. I want to
manage the data with it which, in turn, will cause a gui to be
created.

Once the framework is finished, I want as little to do with any gui that
I can get away with - whilst allowing the "power of perl" to give me the
opportunity to interfere when I really have to.

Dirk