Re: widget valid signals and properties

On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 22:06 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
Hi;

On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 21:59 +0100, Dirk Koopman wrote:
1. How do I get a list of valid properties and signals for a widget?

perldoc Gtk2::<widget name>, sections SIGNALS and PROPERTIES.

I should have said "from a widget handle or package". It appears that
either the person(s) writing glade keeps the list for each widget up to
date else there is a call to a widget to get the above information.

and related:

2. Is it possible to hook oneself onto all signals? Is there some
"master" signal one could hook into?

No, and no.  Why would you do anything like this is beyond me, given
that signals may have very different signatures and require different
return values.

For runtime debugging purposes. It allows me to see what signals are
firing and therefore whether I have hooked the one I really want.

And, through the magic of 'caller()' I can see what those signatures are
and get them right the second time, instead of the n'th time after
having waded through the "extensive" and "complete" gtk2-perl
documentation (just fact, no nasturtiums on the package writers
intended).

Dirk

PS just because you think I am completely mad does not mean that you are
wrong - however, humouring me would be appreciated :-)