Re: high level application frameworkl

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 18:31 +0100, Dirk Koopman wrote:
Fancy GUI widget drawing programs are not required.

Is there such a thing out there for Gtk-Perl or do I have to go and
write (another) one?

For the absence of any doubt at all: glade is exactly *not* what I want
or require. To do anything real seems to require far too much writing
and clicking.

Before you write off glade completely, consider the components:

 1. Glade the GUI - which you apparently dislike
 2. .glade - the XML file format which contains form definitions
 3. Gtk2::GladeXML - the library which reads .glade files, instantiates
    the relevant widgets and connects them up to the appropriate code

From your description, it sounds like you're going to need at least a
file format and a library for instantiating forms from the files.  So
perhaps the only bit you're missing is a tool for creating form
definitions in a way that works for you and generates .glade files.

Regards
Grant