RE: packaging for windows

Unlike Tk, where GUI part is inside extension, perl-Gtk uses
external bindings, so your proposal will end up with including
entire Gtk engine inside ActivePerl distribution? I think this
isn't possible.

Possible, yes; practical, I dunnoâ

its possible to arrange for files to include gtk within some perl package.

But I very doubt you'll convince ActiveState perl people to include Gtk into
Perl distribution

So, this is impossible because its not practical :)

Also imagine including wxWidgets here and so on...