Re: background-stipple on TextBuffer

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:19:04 -0500
zentara <zentara zentara net> wrote:

Hi, Is it possible to set a background-stipple as a
background on a text widget?
I can set this stipple up with no warnings, but it dosn't
seem to have any visible effect. The red tag seems to
work OK, but the background-stipple dosn't work.

Does it have something to do with the $colormap setup?

Doh! Ignore my previous post. I got a pixmap and bitmap
confused. A stipple needs to be a Gtk2::Gdk::Bitmap and
be used in conjunction with a solid color tag.

I was "hoping" I could use a pixmap as a background, like
a watermark on a TextView. Nope!.

http://zentara.net/japh.html