Re: Latest glib - compilation problem

On Feb 22, 2006, at 11:13 PM, Daniel Kasak wrote:

GType.xs: In function 'get_default_property_value':
GType.xs:1461: error: syntax error before 'method'
make: *** [GType.o] Error 1

I don't know whether this is a gcc-4 thing or not, but this is almost the only difference between the 2 systems.

It's an error in the code, actually. Fixed in CVS on the 14th. It was actually caused by a change in the definition of the "assert" macro in perl 5.8.8. The old definition had a semicolon in it, the new one does not. Our code should've had the semicolon anyway, but for some reason did not.

Until 1.117 is released, the fix is trivial --- just add a semicolon after the "assert" on the previous line.

--
Found: Poop
Someone's dog lost some poop in front of the Studio Theatre. Unfortunately, this article has been slightly damaged since it was neglectfully left on the sidewalk. It is available to its rightful owner (or its owner's rightful owner) if they so desire to come and scrape it off my shoe.