Changing the foreground color of a Combo/Text Entry widget

Hi All,
I need to change the foreground color in a combo/text entry widget, which has its state
set to insensitive. The foreground is to be changed, since the users have problem
reading the text[default foreground] in these widgets, when the widget is insensitive.
[I need to make the text in the insensitive widget a bit darker].

I tried using the 'modify_fg' API for a widget, but it does not seem to change the foreground
color.
For eg:
my $color = Gtk2::Gdk::Color->new(x,x,x);
$combo_box->modify_fg('insensitive', $color);

I also tried the $style property[Gtk2::Style], but it seems to affect only a Gtk2::Window
and not a widget.

Am I missing something here? Or do I need to use any other API?

Thanks In Advance,
Ashwin

Do I need to use any other API or a