Re: wizard style program

muppet wrote:

On Dec 14, 2006, at 3:42 AM, beast wrote:

I create wizard style program, and this give me headache of keeping the
state of previous page as well as repetitives UI.
With web applications, this can be implemented using "session", any idea
how  this can be implemented using desktop apps since there is no main
window? Is there any simple example?

Are you using Gnome2::Druid, or its gtk+ 2.10 replacement, Gtk2::Assistant? Or are you writing all of the wizard behavior yourself?

I don't understand why you say there's no main window in which to store the state. Can you not attach your state to the window containing the wizard pages (regardless of with which widget it's implemented)?

I'm not using any modules right now as its only 5 pages long, but I'll give it a try. Thanks. Right now its 5 on separate file and i'm still figure out how to remove the duplicate window and only construct the changes (small part of window), not building the whole new window.

--beast