Re: Need some help with GUI design: 2 header rows in a treeview

Ed Catmur wrote:

Keep the button bar outside the GtkScrolledWindow; put the GtkTreeView in the GtkScrolledWindow as before. Instead, stick the button bar in a GtkViewport with its hadjustment set to the hadjustment of the GtkScrolledWindow. You'll need to mess around with size-request and size-allocate signals to ensure the GtkViewport gets the correct width and height.

I thought the docs explained this fairly well, but maybe that's just me :)

AHA!

I haven't used GtkViewports before. Thanks. Yeah the docs give good technical information, but assume a certain level of background knowledge about how all the parts fit together, etc.

I've had a little trouble figuring out which signal to use to synchronise the 2 hadjustments. The only thing that works for me at the moment is the ScrolledWindow's 'event' signal, but as you can imagine, this is a pretty noise one to connect to. The ScrolledWindow's 'scroll-child' signal doesn't seem to fire for me. Am I missing something here?

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer