Re: SIgnal connect to a object method?

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 16:09 -0500, John M. Burian wrote:
This is probably more of a syntax question than a gtk-perl question, but:

Can I have signal_connect call an object method? Say I've got a class
that contains an object method 'bar'; 'foo' is an object of this class,
and I've got a combobox 'cbox'. I want to

$cbox->signal_connect (changed => $foo->bar);

What you want is a 'closure':

  $cbox->signal_connect (changed => sub { $foo->bar(@_) } );

This creates an anonymous subroutine that retains visibility to lexical
variables from the scope in which it was declared.

Regards
Grant