Re: OT: building rpm file

On Dec 2, 2006, at 12:07 AM, beast wrote:

I've just got the perl-gtk tarbal, how do I make the rpm package? do I
need to change something on the source?
TIA.

[root devil tmp]# rpmbuild -ta Glib-1.141.tar.gz
error: Name field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Version field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Release field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Summary field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Group field must be present in package: (main package)
error: License field must be present in package: (main package)

In CVS there is only perl-Glib.spec.in. In Makefile.PL, a call to Glib::MakeHelper's postamble_rpm() creates a real spec file, as well as the dist-rpms and dist-srpms make targets. Pretty much all of the modules in the gtk2-perl project use this technique.

So,

$ tar zxvf Glib-1.141.tar.gz
$ cd Glib-1.141
$ perl Makefile.PL
$ make dist-rpms
$ make dist-srpms

will drop the rpm and srpm under $(HOME)/rpms.