Re: Error compiling Cairo 0.92 and how to fix it

On Aug 20, 2006, at 4:47 PM, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

--- Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:

These occur because you don't have the SVG backend installed, and
because backend-specific enum-related stuff wasn't properly protected in
Cairo 0.92.  I just committed something to HEAD of CVS that I think
fixes this.  Please test.

Regarding

"I just committed something to HEAD of CVS that I think fixes this. Please test."

- does it mean that the developers do not run test compilation and 'make test' before releasing the stuff to general public ?

If yes, why ?

Please try to remember that the developers of this project[1] do the work on their own hardware in their spare time. We do not have the resources to test all configurations on all platforms.

We do, in fact run the test suites before committing changes and making releases. Given the scarcity of resources, we have to make guesses at what will be the most common configurations, and test those. This bug has occurred in a configuration that is obviously not set up in Torsten's development sandbox.

If you'd like to help out by testing other configurations, then, please, by all means, do.

[1] In fact, i think Torsten has been doing everything by himself for the last several months. Anyone who lives near him should buy him a beer.

--
I don't have a drinking problem,
'cept when i can't get drink.