Re: widget sizing and alignment

Dirk Koopman wrote:
Not all the size requests are being honoured. Specifically the button
called 'book_on'. As you can see its width has been expanded even though
the vbox is created $vbox->new(0, 0) the packing call is
$vbox->pack_start($button, 0, 0, 10). I don't want the button that big.
Any suggestions?

You pack the button in a VBox, that means that all you specify about expanding and filling only applies to the vertical direction. Objects in a vbox always get the maximum horizontal space. You need to wrap the button in a HBox or even a HButtonBox to make it look better.

I must say that the XML you use looks very clean and readable.

-- Jaap <pardus cpan org>