Re: linux, alot of fonts and slow window startups
- From: Thierry Vignaud <tvignaud mandriva com>
- To: zentara <zentara1 sbcglobal net>
- Cc: gtk-perl-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: linux, alot of fonts and slow window startups
- Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:39:13 +0200
zentara <zentara1 sbcglobal net> writes:
Well after installing the fonts, my Perl/Gtk2 windows
seemed to take alot longer to come onto the screen.
Like "a fraction of a second before" to "3 or 4 seconds after".
My Perl/Tk programs were not affected.
What would cause this?
gtk-perl apps gtk+ using pango and thus fontconfig are affected by
font cache problems (eg a bogus timestamp on a font directory, we had
have bugs like this on mandriva linux)
just my 2 cents
] [Thread Prev