Re: Patch for Gtk2::Ex::Dialogs (for win32)

On Sep 22, 2005, at 1:02 AM, ofey aikon wrote:

Gtk2::Ex::Dialogs doesn't work on win32 due to dependency on Gnome2::VFS

The attached patch should (hopefully) solve that problem.

A more neighborly trick would be to do the "use" in an eval instead of going by platform only. That way the Dialogs module is still useful on non-gnome unix systems.

e.g.:

   our $HAVE_VFS = eval "use Gnome2::VFS; 1";

Note the string eval -- if you don't use the string, then it will be evaluated at compile time and you'll get a compile error instead of a recoverable runtime error.

--
"There's a documentary that i wanted to watch on PBS. I heard about it in NPR. ... Oh my god, did i just say that?"
  -- elysse