Re: Problems Installing Gnome2-VFS-1.041

Torsten Link said:

When executing
'perl Makefile.PL'
I got the error:
*** can not find package gnome-vfs-2.0

But for me it looks like this package is proper installed.
In the directory '/opt/gnome/lib/pkgcinfig/' (which is defined in
PKG_CONFIG_PATH)
there is a file called: 'gnome-vfs-2.0.pc'.

I also have reinstalled all the gnome packages in my system without
any efect.

ExtUtils::PkgConfig eats some of the error output;  try checking by hand, like
this:

  $  pkg-config --modversion gnome-vfs-2.0.pc

It may actually be that you're missing the devel package (and therefore .pc
files for) some package on which gnome-vfs depends.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>