single-click treeview

Greetings,

I'm trying to get a treeview to activate a row on single-click instead of double-click. (Btw. I'm not really sure whether this default depends on any gtk settings.)

So for I just attached a signal to the button_release_event which activates the row. This kind of works but now I also activate the row when I click on the little arrow (expander) in front of a list item with sub items. This is wrong because now I can't open sublists by clicking the arrow correctly (they do open if I click on the text part of the row). Is there a way to tell if the pointer is over this area of the row so I handle this case differently ?

Code listing of the button_release_event handler:

        $tree_view->signal_connect(button_release_event => sub {
                my ($x, $y) = $_[1]->coords;
                my ($path, $column, $c_x, $c_y) =
                        $tree_view->get_path_at_pos($x, $y);
                print "got row: $path, $column, $c_x, $c_y\n";
                $tree_view->row_activated($path, $column);
                return 0;
        } );

Thanks!

-- Jaap

P.S. Yesterday I wrote a Gtk2::Ex::ButtonPathBar which represents a path with a list of buttons, like the path in the gtk filechooser. I translated part of the C code I found in the Thunar filer project to pure perl. Got all the size_allocate stuff working :) Probably it will find it's way to CPAN in the near future.

--
   )   (     Jaap Karssenberg || Pardus [Larus]                | |0| |
   :   :     http://pardus-larus.student.utwente.nl/~pardus    | | |0|