Re: simple pango hebrew program problem. trivial modification of Grobgeld tutorial

On Saturday 05 November 2005 10:24 pm, Mitchell Laks wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to play with writing a simple gtk2-perl hebrew program. I
I took dov grobgelds simple tutorial example program and I modified it
trivially.

Instead of writing hebrew utf8 text directly into the file, I took a hebrew
text file and read in some text using the idiom
open(IN,"out");

sorry: I did not understand perl unicode IO.
I modified my code to

open(IN, ">:utf8","out)
and all was wonderful!

thank you all for a wonderful set of programs and tutorials!
Mitchell