Re: Gtk2::MozEmbed + DOM

On Mar 24, 2005, at 6:29 AM, Scott Lanning wrote:

Thanks muppet and Torsten for your helpful replies.
I'm having some problems:

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:
 For the typemap you can just use:

TYPEMAP

nsIDOMKeyEvent *        T_GPERL_GENERIC_WRAPPER

Do I put this in a separate file called 'typemap'
and then change Makefile.PL to add this typemap?
I tried this but then `make` said it couldn't find
'xs/typemap' (I don't know why it's looking there).

erm, that doesn't sound right. 'typemap' should Just Work, but for other various reasons, you may want to call it 'dom.typemap' or the like, and add it to the "add_typemaps" line in the Makefile.PL. not sure why the path is being mangled.

GtkMozEmbed.c:557: error: invalid conversion from `gint' to `
   GtkMozEmbedReloadFlags'
        /* * * * line 557 is next * * * */
GtkMozEmbedReloadFlags flags = SvGtkMozEmbedReloadFlags (ST(1));

did you add GtkMozEmbedReloadFlags to a maps file? if so (and your project is properly set up, which i assume it is), the #define for this macro will be in build/whatever-autogen.h, protected by #ifdef on the TYPE macro. e.g.

   #if FOO_TYPE_BAR
   # define SvFooBar(...)  ...
   # define newSVFooBar(..) ...
   #endif

you may need to either add new includes, reorder includes, or create your own GLib constant wrappers.

for enumeration types, there is usually a GType registered which includes a value table --- this is where the bindings get the information about the enum value nicknames. if those wrappers aren't there, then the constants simply won't work as magical gtk2-perl constants. several of the modules in gtk2-perl cvs have examples of how to add missing enum gtypes in a way that doesn't cause too many problems when the types are eventually added upstream.

--
Package contains eight 13-inch aliens in assorted colors.
 -- Catalog copy for space invaders wall decals.