focus, and intercepting arrow keys

I have Notebook and Button widgets, but I'd really like to intercept the pressing of arrow keys and have them affect an entirely different widget. Where should I set up the signal handler, and how can I prevent the arrow keys from "falling through" my key_press handler to the other widgets?

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan         %  How can we ever be the sold short or
RPI Acacia Brother #734     %  the cheated, we who for every service