Re: screen, fonts and dpi...

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 21:50:51 +0200, The Saltydog wrote:
im my Perl-Gtk2 app I need to give the main window a fixed
size-request, in order to display all columns of a SimpleList widget.

That can't work. The widths of the columns are not fixed.

I made several tries, but as users can have different font resolution
settings (90dpi, 96dpi, or more) the displayed window can or cannot
show all the items.

If it was just this, it would be easy! But it's not that easy. The users
can, in the first place, use different themens with completely different
fonts -- with completely arbitrary sizes!

How can I be sure that, apart from font dpi's, the list window is
always displayed in the same format (all column visible?)

That's easy. Just disable the hroizontal scrollbar! The scrolledwindow
has a set_policy call (or somesuch) with which you can disable the
scrollbar. Then the scrolled window will just pass on the list's size
and the window will extend to appropriately.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>