Re: Win32 binaries compiled against Gtk-2.4 instead if Gtk-2.6?

On ven, 2005-07-29 at 11:10 +1000, Daniel Kasak wrote:
Daniel Kasak wrote:

I've just updated some of our apps to use GtkCellRendererCombo, and
under Windows, I'm getting:

***   Can't locate object method "new" via package
"Gtk2::CellRendererCombo" (perhaps you forgot to load
"Gtk2::CellRendererCombo"?)

I'm using Gtk2 binaries from http://members.lycos.co.uk/alexv6/ and the
latest ( 1.080 ) Gtk2 and Glib from
http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/win32/ppm/

So I assume something's been compiled against Gtk-2.4 instead of 2.6, right?
It's a non-issue for us anyway - the apps in questions are only used
under Linux ... I'm just keeping an eye on things under Windows so I
don't get any nasty surprises if / when I start porting more stuff and
have to run it under Windows.

Any word on this? If no-one 'fesses up to creating the current binaries,
I can have a go at compiling them myself, but I'm by no means an expert
at this sort of thing ... ie I'll likely be back with more questions :)

I recently re-setup my building environnement on my win32 plateform and
updated everything to 2.6.

My app now use some 2.6 only features (like an IconView) and I
encountered no problem (but I don't use any CellRendererCombo)

Since everything was home-build, (i'am not using active perl and ppm), I
don't know about the specific binaries you are talking about. I just can
say it can works from CPAN (assuming you set up a suitable compiling
environnement for everything), so don't worry ! ;-)

Pik