Re: win32 and glib, socket data inaccessible

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 07:13:29AM +0200, Marc Lehmann <gtk-perl schmorp de> wrote:
I'll do some research.

It's worse. I got Glib to build.

   #ifdef USE_SOCKETS_AS_HANDLES
   #       define TO_SOCKET(x)     _get_osfhandle(x)

USE_SOCKETS_AS_HANDLES is defined, but _get_osfhandle simply returns -1
for the socket fd I pass in. Now, both fstat and the getsockname test
return true (but I don't see the warning in the code being output on the
console, so maybe glib is linked against a different getsockname? I use the
glib from http://www.gimp.org/win32).

When I pass in the fd directly to g_io_channel_win32_new_socket, the
callback is never being called (despite data being ready).

So (activestate-)perl seems to have an entirely different idea of "file
descriptor" then both MSVCRT and glib.

(I wouldn't care for activestate perl, but I can't see the alternatives,
as I am unable to build gtk+ with win32 backend in cygwin and the
only perl thats compatible with the native win32 build seems to be
activestates).

--
                The choice of a