Re: Installing ExtUtils:::PkgConfig on windows

On Jan 26, 2005, at 9:34 PM, Daniel Kasak wrote:

I installed libglade-2.4.0 ( bin and dev packages ) from http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net into the same place as the rest of my Gtk2 installation ( c:\usr ).
Maybe this is why it's not in the PKG_CONFIG_PATH? How do I set this?

First, find the libglade-2.0.pc file by whatever means you see fit. If you installed to c:\usr, it should be at c:\usr\lib\pkgconfig\libglade-2.0.pc.

If you run the command "pkg-config --debug", if should print out a bunch of debugging information, which will include the places that get scanned by default.

If the location of your libglade-2.0.pc file is in that list, then something is wrong. If it's not, then you need to set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to include that directory. It's a normal win32 path, just like PATH:

   set PKG_CONFIG_PATH=c:\whereever\lib\pkgconfig;%PKG_CONFIG_PATH%

--
"it's hard to be eventful when you have this much style."
   - me, rationalizing yet another night of sitting at home.