Re: Looking for icon / thumbnail view widget

Kevin C. Krinke wrote:

If there is no current solution to this (which I don't think there is
anything that can be considered "complete") I can make a
Gtk2::Ex::Dialogs::DnDIconView (or some such beast).

I've already had to implement this kind of widget once already so it
shouldn't be to difficult for me to abstract it out of the app I'm using
it in.

This would be great. I'm very much willing to help you with developing this kind of widget.

The only limitation with this so that I know of is the whole "text
beside icons" mode that nautilus has (nautilus uses it's own customized
widget for this which isn't bound in Perl, nor is it abstracted to be a
widget within GNOME).

For me, a relatively plain list of icons / thumbnails would be just fine.

Martin