Re: Big trouble on little Powerbook

muppet wrote:

On Feb 6, 2005, at 10:33 PM, Daniel Kasak wrote:

I think I'm a little closer to getting Perl-Gtk2 set up on OS X.

I've been developing the bindings on my powerbook for the last year and a half. It works. :-)

Cool.

I use Apple's X11 and Fink stable on Panther. Fink's stable gtk+-2.0 binary is 2.2.4. Default theme, default everything, because i'm lazy.

Yes that's why I chose Darwin Ports - the packages seemed to be *far* more up-to-date than Fink. Of course you could now counter with "yeah but at least the Fink packages work". I *need* gtk-2.4 minimum, for the new ComboBoxEntry, which I make heavy use of ( whoever is responsible for that pre-2.4 abomination masquerading as a ComboBox has a lot to answer for ). And it would be kinda nice to stay close to the functionality of my main Linux dev box.

It's odd that you see different behavior between C and Perl... my only guess is something to the effect of gtk+ either linking or initializing incorrectly with perl.

Yeah my Perl install might be a little wonky. I'm thinking of uninstalling the Darwin Ports install of Perl and replacing OS X's Perl install with the latest and greatest and re-installing everything else Perl-related by hand.

Image-loading module /opt/local/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-jpeg.so does not export the proper interface; perhaps it's from a different GTK version? at sales/sales.pl line 111.

That bit above about libpixbufloader-jpeg.so being from a different GTK version ... I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Did you compile this gtk+ yourself or get the binaries from someplace? It sounds like there's a linkage problem.

Darwin Ports for everything.

I'll try my idea of re-installing all Perl stuff, and if that doesn't work, I'll blast away /opt/local and try right from the top ... unless someone has a better idea. Actually maybe I should upgrade gcc while I'm at it. I can't even remember how long ago I was using gcc-3.3 under Gentoo, but the thought of it makes the hair raise on the back of my neck.

Anyway, whatever happens, I'm not too concerned. I've been looking for a decent excuse to repartition and install OS X next to a nice Gentoo PPC partition :)

Dan