Re: Gtk2::Ex::MarkupTextBuffer

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 08:00 +1300, Grant McLean wrote:
On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 19:49 +0100, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
[snip]
I'd suggest trying XML::LibXML before you finalize your decision
to stick with XML::Parser

I'd second that suggestion.  The Perl-XML FAQ explains that these days
pretty mush everything that XML::Parser can do is done better by
XML::LibXML or XML::SAX:

Points taken. Thanks!

Attached is an XML::LibXML version of Gtk2::Ex::MarkupTextBuffer.

Interesting point brought up in IRC earlier:

<irc channel="irc.gnome.org#gtk-perl">

        <muppet> kck: it looks like pango_parse_markup isn't too hard to
        bind, and PangoAttributes hold the info you need to turn markup
        into tags...  but the attributes are not bound and are not fun
        to bind.
        <kck> It's all good. I've just learned how to use XML::Parser
        and XML::LibXML.
        <kck> meaning bind it or not I gained something from the
        experience
        <muppet> cool

</irc>

Question stands then; do I submit the module to CPAN/gtk2-perl-ex.sf.net
or just use it locally until the bindings are done? (Maybe make a note
in the POD that it'll be deprecated at some point and that it's only a
"for now" module?)

--
Kevin C. Krinke <kckrinke opendoorsoftware com>
Open Door Software Inc.