Re: Gnome::Canvas::Rect - Boundingbox

On Jul 22, 2005, at 1:46 PM, Matthias Bläsing wrote:

So shouldn't a Rect also have a bounding box?

Indeed it should.

I think maybe it depends on when you're calling get_bounds() (i assume you were calling get_bounds() to get the bounding box?).

I tried hooking up your example snippet into a tiny wrapper program to see what it did, and if i tried to show the bounding box immediately after creating the canvas items, i got nothing; however, if i set a single-shot idle to fire after the widgets were fully realized and drawn, i got a valid-looking bounding box.

--
Examples really shouldn't include unexploded ordnance.
  -- Joe Smith, referring to an example program i wrote.