Re: Cairo 0.01 (unstable)

Torsten Schoenfeld said:
On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 17:24 +0200, Scott Lanning wrote:

How would you use [Cairo] from Perl-Gtk?

In theory, you'd ask GTK+ to create a cairo context for a particular
drawable which you could then use to draw on the screen.  This
functionality isn't wrapped in the Perl bindings yet, and is very
unlikely to appear in the upcoming stable release.

For those wondering, "but why not!?!?!":  we've made a commitment to stability
and backward compatibility, and as such do not wish to have our stable
bindings depend on a separate brand-new, unstable binding.

For the next unstable series, however, it should be quite easy to have a
second add-on module that allows you to experiment with the new cairo stuff
without needing to use a bleeding-edge, unstable version of Gtk2 itself.
(Similar to the experimental Gtk2::3 module from the gtk+ 2.3.x / Gtk2 1.02x
days.)

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>