Re: grid with database access

I should also be able to define specific select statements and then
see the results
in the grid.

Just because I heard the word 'Grid', have you taken a look at the
Gtk2::Ex::Sheet 0.01 (ALPHA)

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2005-February/msg00137.html

I've played a bit with it. Its a very promising widget. You'll have to
write the back-end to connect to the database though. All that it
gives you is a grid.

Then of course there is the friendly Gtk2::TreeView (with the
Gtk2::ListStore) which can also serve as a front-end for you.

All of that assuming that all you need is a simple interface to see
the data. Anything heavier than that, maybe gnomedb can be used, like
muppet pointed out.

Regards,

Ofey.