Re: [Fwd: Re: Gtk2::MenuItem get_label?]

Grant McLean wrote:

I notice the OptionMenu widget is on the 'Deprecated' tab in Glade.  Is
there a reason you need to use this widget in particular?

Just ;-) noticed this too. I'm using OptionMenu because I want a pulldown menu in a data entry panel.

Looking at the Glade widgets, ComboBox seems to be the successor? But this involves all the great ;-) MVC stuff ...

I've attached a test script that uses the MenuBar widget and seems to
work.  Does it achieve the kind of effect you're after?

Doesn't run, looks like my Perl doesn't have Class::Accessor::Fast on board:

9 ~> perl menutest.pl
Base class package "Class::Accessor::Fast" is empty.
(Perhaps you need to 'use' the module which defines that package first.)
 at menutest.pl line 14
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at menutest.pl line 14.

Martin