Re: Mup::TreeDumper

On Sat, 2005-04-02 at 17:06 -0500, muppet wrote:
Here's a quick hack to toss up a perl data structure in a TreeView,
inspired by a discussion in IRC.  Handy for debugging.

I was pondering a name for a convenience function to create a window,
put a Mup::TreeDumper in it with some data, and show it...  "dump"
implies that the output will go down somewhere, like to a terminal, but
it's going up to a window.  What about "heave"?  :-)

"heave" just doesn't sound right to me... reminds me of late night
parties where you end up "heaving" your alcohol in all the wrong
places :P

Off the top of my head, here's some suggestions... none of them are what
I'd call a "perfect fit" but perhaps they'll give some inspiration...

show_structure
show_data
show_tree
debug_structure
debug_data
debug_tree
visualize
vis_data
visual_debug
visual_dump
vis_dump
tree_dump
render_data
dump_tree

--
Kevin C. Krinke <kckrinke opendoorsoftware com>
Open Door Software Inc.