Re: popt in Gnome2::Program

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 22:40, Peter Oliver wrote:

So, is there neat solution to this?  The best I've come up with is to put

     if ( grep { s/^-h$/--help/; m/^-(-help|\?)$/ } @ARGV ) {
         system $0, '--podhelp';
     }

Couldn't you just print your help stuff here and call
Gnome2::Program->init nevertheless?  That would come quite close to what
the popt table stuff does: the application options are printed first,
followed by the library options.

That's what I'm trying to do.  I get my help with Pod::Usage, which
pulls the help text from the pod and then exits.  If there's a way to
prevent it from exiting, it isn't documented.