Gtk2 1.060 (stable)
- From: Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de>
- To: gtk-perl-list gnome org
- Subject: Gtk2 1.060 (stable)
- Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 00:22:53 +0200
Gtk2 is a Perl extension providing Perl bindings to the 2.x series of
the Gtk+ graphical user interface library. This module allows you to
write graphical user interfaces in a perlish and object-oriented way,
freeing you from the casting and memory management in C, yet remaining
very close in spirit to original API. Find out more about Gtk+ at
http://www.gtk.org , and about Gtk2-Perl at
The source code is available from the gtk2-perl project page on
...and from anonymous cvs, tagged "rel-1-06-0" in the directory
This module requires these other modules and libraries:
perl >= 5.8.0
Glib >= 1.060 (perl module)
GTK+ > 2.x (C library and prerequisites)
In order to build it from source, you'll also need
ExtUtils::Depends >= 0.2
ExtUtils::PkgConfig >= 1.03
development headers for gtk+ and friends
Overview of Changes in Gtk2 1.060
Since 1.04x (the previous stable series)
* Require Glib 1.060.
* Support new stuff in Pango 1.6.
* Documentation and example code improvements.
* Code cleanup and various bugfixes.
* Even yet still more test suite improvements.
* Allow undef to various Gtk2::Toolbar methods where appropriate.
* Add important utility functions (with docs) for use by custom tree
model implementations: Gtk2::TreeIter::to_arrayref and
* Add bindings for more esoteric bits if API from GDK and GTK+.
* Thread support improvement. A new module import option,
-threads-init, calls Gtk2::Gdk::Threads::init() for you.
* Allow the creation of anonymous marks.
* Allow easy access to the data of a SimpleList row when given a path.
* Fix refcounting bugs in Gtk2::CellRenderer and Gtk2::ItemFactory.
* Documentation improvements. [muppet, Ross, A. Pagaltzis]
] [Thread Prev