Re: Something-else-than-utf8 bug (was: Re: utf8 bug ?)

On Sep 4, 2004, at 5:33 PM, Jan Hudec wrote:

Now, the error obviously has something to do with the Gtk2 typemap.
Without calling Gtk2::Label->new($string), there is no problem.

that's because the utf8 upgrade doesn't happen. christian already pointed out that he can trigger this same message by using Encode to upgrade to utf8, completely independent of Gtk2(actually Glib)'s string typemap.

But what is strange is, that it makes a difference whether $string actually contains a non-ascii character.

that *is* odd. it may be that sv_utf8_upgrade() doesn't work correctly if the string is plain ascii.

--
I bring the rock, and provided it is fiscally responsible, I will bring the funk as well. And that's fo-shizzle.
        -- Saturday Night Live