Re: src.rpm for x86_64

Carl Nygard said:
Processing files: perl-ExtUtils-Depends-0.204-1
error: File not found:

Finally found the docs where the macros are defined (that was way too

The only thing I can come up with is to do this:

-[ -x %{_libdir}/rpm/brp-compress ] && %{_libdir}/rpm/brp-compress
+[ -x %{_prefix}/%{_lib}/rpm/brp-compress ] &&

i suspect this is just preventing brp-compress from running. -x ... will
likely fail b/c i don't think brp-compress will be in _prefix..., the location
into which the rpm is building.

i'm not 100% that line should be in there, at least i don't know off hand what
it does. it was probably in the examples i based our spec files off of so i
left it alone. what happens if you totally remove it?

I think there's something wrong with using brp-compress behind your back
when it changes filenames on you.  That's either a bug or my complete

the next two lines are building up the filelist on the fly using the find

find $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_prefix} -type f -print | \
        sed "s ^$RPM_BUILD_ROOT@@g" > %{name}-%{version}-%{release}-filelist

that should have the correct extensions reguardless of what then ended up
being. (changed or not) it builds the list after brp-compress has been run.
i'm not sure how that could end up with invalid file names. i think something
bigger is going on here.