Can I get a handle to the cell on which the button click occurs ( treeview)

I want to highlight a single cell (and not the entire row) by clicking on that cell in a
tree_view.

I know I can get the column and row of the cell using the following code. But is it possible to
select the cell at this coords and then set the background color to something.

my ($x, $y) = $event->get_coords;
my ($path, $column, $cell_x, $cell_y) = $tree_view_full->get_path_at_pos ($x, $y);
my $column_title = $column->get_title;
my $path_string = $path->to_string;

Thanks,

_Ofey.