Re: What to do with my realize callback

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 13:27 -0500, muppet wrote:

I'm creating my own widget relying heavily on the "subclassing widgets"
doc at gtk2-perl.  My widget is subclassed from Gtk2::Container and
contains a Gtk2::DrawingArea.

ah.  creating a container subclass is a bit more work than creating a
composite widget or self-rendering widget.  i haven't done it, personally;
torsten made a few fixes several months ago to make it possible to reimplement
a box in perl, so i believe it should be possible.

Well, actually, the code to implement real containers does exist, but
it's not in CVS yet.  This means you currently don't get the chance to
override the GtkContainer vfuncs or implement child properties.  There
were still some problems that I wasn't able (to find the time) to fix
yet.  (muppet: the subject was "Re: Style and container properties,
GtkTextIter".)

--
Bye,
-Torsten