GTKCombo: autocomplete?

Hi all.

I realise that this is not strictly a PerlGTK questions, but maybe someone knows anyway.
I've got a GTKCombo box that I'm loading data into with $mycombo->set_popdown_strings(@list_of_companies).
The combo box will contain a list of all of our clients - it's a pretty large list.
Is it possible to have the combo box seek the closest match to what you type in the entry box ( yeah, like Access ).
It would make things a lot faster for the girl doing the data entry - who doesn't have this form yet, but will complain loudly when she gets it.

If this is not possible, are there any alternatives?

To show I've thought a little about this ... I suppose I could run some code each time a character is added / deleted from the entry box that matches the current text against @list_of_companies and updates the combo box accordingly. Would I use a loop and a regex _expression_ to test each value and dump each string that matches in another array, and then finally dump this array into the combo box? Or something like that?

Thanks!

Dan

--
sig Daniel Kasak
IT Developer

The following links have been placed here by the NUS Consulting internal spam filter and are for use by NUS Consulting staff only.
Please ingore these links.
Spam
Not spam
Forget previous vote