Re: Gtk.pm

Hi all,
I downloaded and installed latest GTK fron Sun pages but
that did not work either.

Does anyone have any idea?
Thanks in advance.

Hakan

Hi,

I think the GTK-package you got from Sun is the C-library and not the
gtk(2)-perl-module.
When you have the c-library you have to build the gtk2-perl module with
the CPAN-shell or manually (AFAIK there are no pre-built solaris packages
for gtk2-perl. else, let me know ;)).

You also should get an newer perl-version, since perl is only installed in
version 5.005 on solaris 8. I recommend you install pkg-get from
www.blastwave.org and install perl 5.8.2 via the pkg-get tool.

enjoy,

bobo

--
Boris Ruppert - bobo[at]sideburns[dot]dyndns[dot]org