Re: RFC: Gtk2::SimpleComboBox

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 22:26, muppet wrote:
On Sunday, March 28, 2004, at 09:31 PM, James Curbo wrote:

Anyway, in a program I'm writing, I just want a simple list of things
I can select, without all the fancy ListStore options. This led me to
investigate Gtk2::SimpleList and write this module based on that.

Would it make things a little nicer to have a tied list model, and use
that in both SimpleList and SimpleComboBox?

i'm beginning to think so, but the original thinking was that people who
want this will be totally newbies that won't want to even know there's
such a thing as model and view. in that respect it has succeeded. but if
others are going to use it then model maybe a better choice, perhaps
Gtk2::SimpleListModel or something would be the way to proceed and
Gtk2::SimpleList could use it. at some point i'd really like there to be
an attempt at Trees too.

-rm