Re: Allow code in glade callbacks?

* muppet <scott asofyet org> [2004-03-26 04:30]:
do any of you glade experts/users have an opinion on this?

I'm not really either, but I'll give my 2c worth anyway.

Glade uses XML.

One of the central ideas of XML is: it's a standard storage
format -- with standard processing tools. So use them! You can
write a transformation to produce another form of a file. You can
use XPath to adress nodes in the Glade file for anon functions to
be attached. There's plenty of ways -- none of them requires
invasive changes like bloating the base format.

--
Regards,
Aristotle

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."